Monday, May 3, 2010

Elegant and Easy Doily


This was worked with #20 Thread Coats & Clarks Big Ball and #10 hook and measures 9¼ inches point to point. The pattern is from Coats & Clarks Book No. 285 "All Time Favorites" published in 1980.

I believe this pretty old pattern may be in the public domain, it was once featured in "Old Time Crochet". I haven't found the pattern on the web yet.
The 1980 patternbook called Red Heart Lustersheen, a size 5 hook and measured 19 inches across. I made the pattern once with a cotton and rayon yarn, and a size 2 hook. It measured about 23 inches across.

It works up quickly. If you want to make an elegant doily and time is short, this is a good choice. It's best worked firmly so the pattern is well delineated.

2 comments:

  1. I have this pattern if you would like a copy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the pattern, but it is still in copyright. If you have a public domain version of this pattern, I would be thrilled to share a link on my blog.
      This is one of the easiest patterns to make and it makes a lovely doily. It's a great starter pattern for anyone who wants to try making doilies, or it's a easy go to pattern for travel and quick projects.
      Thank you for your feedback Judy.

      Delete